|Start date||Immediate start|
|The staff position is based in our clients office where you will play a key role in supporting ongoing projects. The post will require periods away from the office on field work, both within the UK and further afield. Ideally you will have trained at an IHO/FIG Cat ‘A’ accredited institution with 2-5 years experience across a range of survey disciplines.
You will be required to assist in all aspects of project work, from start to completion. This will include liaising with clients to fully understand project requirements, equipment selection, mobilisation of coastal and offshore survey systems, data acquisition as well as data processing. Attention to detail is essential as is your ability to manage project schedules.
• To act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times as the point of contact for clients on behalf of the client.
• Use specialised acquisition and data processing software such as QINSy, Qimera, Applanix POSPac and AutoCAD to manage the creation of final deliverables to the client;
• Work closely as part of a team and to undertake any other work within your skills and competencies.
• Assist with the maintenance and preparation of specialised survey hardware;
• Assist in the preparation of tender documents, survey planning as well as quoting for new work;
• Deal with commercially sensitive data and client information in a confidential manner;
• Adhere to survey procedures and guidelines in support of our ISO quality management system;
• Where appropriate, attend trade shows, meetings and conferences to gather relevant information, network and promote the services of the company;
• To take part in team meetings, reviews and any related appraisals;
• To undertake additional training where necessary to progress safety, skills and professional development.
Entry Level Qualifications
Appropriate offshore medical/Current and valid medical certificate
Appropriate offshore survival course /Current and valid survival certificate
Either: Qualification in appropriate survey-related subject
BSc in a survey-related discipline (minimum HNC/HND or equivalent) uDocumentary proof of qualification or: Recognised technician qualification or approved military service qualification Documentary proof of qualification or: Two years’ relevant industrial, military or academic experience Industrial, military or academic experience reference(s)
Software: Use basic skills to operate the online software packages used by the company u Run up the software package for a variety of standard survey operations* u Verify the current datum and related geodetic parameters are correctly selected* u Select the appropriate navigation vessel for a specific operation* u Select a graphics display and display the current vessel and related information u Select a text display and display the current vessel and related information u Select and assign waypoints/targets to the current vessel u Select and assign runlines/sail-lines to the current vessel u Generate manual and automatic fixes u Generate hard-copy output.
How to apply
Added 13 June 2018