Meet the team - Tara
Tara joined the UTM team a few months ago as our new Personnel and Operations Coordinator, and now that she’s settled in we thought it was about time to put the spotlight on her with an interview.
- First of all, what’s it like working with everyone else at UTM?
Entertaining and interesting.
- What do you enjoy most about working for UTM?
Learning about a whole new industry, getting to know everyone who we work with and building relationships, and most of all, being in a company which actually lives up to and believes in what it promises. That has always been important to me, and was always the way that we ran things in my previous job so I’m grateful to be somewhere with the same beliefs.
- How would you describe the people at UTM?
Supportive, funny, knowledgeable, empathetic.
- What do you think makes UTM stand out as an offshore personnel provider?
Everyone is dedicated and very real - they are always upfront and honest about everything. I think it can be very easy for people to say what people want to hear to create a certain image.
Contractors are thought about and supported throughout, not just before the placement. Nothing is too much trouble.
- What were you doing before you started at UTM?
I was the Team Manager for Guinness Care at Home Cornwall.
- How do you think UTM has helped you so far? Have you learned anything from the rest of the team?
So much - I’m learning new things every day. UTM have been encouraging and have made me feel welcome and supported. I know I can ask any question, no matter how silly, and be given a proper answer.
- What is your favourite part of your job?
I still get to have that caring and supportive side of things that I enjoyed in my previous job, and also I’m enjoying learning something new and interesting.
- How would you describe yourself?
Cheerful, independent, hardworking, funny.
- How do you think others would describe you?
My friends all call me the sunshine. Fun, happy, loyal.
- What do you think your strengths are?
I have a very good outlook on everything, this stems from the people I met throughout my time in my previous job, it really does put everything into perspective when you see the challenges others face. I have a lot of patience and empathy, and I can always find the good in any situation.
- What do you do to relax or have fun outside work?
I’m kept very busy - I have a son and dog, and a good social life. I like to spend a lot of my free time along the coast walking my dog and catching the sunrise/ sunset. I’m awesome in the kitchen- I love to bake and cook for friends. I really love food so eat out with friends far too often. I also like a night out as much as anyone.
- Finally, what are your hopes for the future?
I hope to do well with UTM and hopefully go far and grow with the company, as for home life - just keep having fun and setting a good example for my son.